Evening with the youth

Well last night at our combined YM/YW activity we had the opportunity to listen to the Nye family speaking about choices and warning of the dangers of power lines. Here's the link to their story.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1980753

I just want to take the opportunity to say how grateful I am for the gospel in my life and for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation. I know that I will be with my family for eternity. That is the greatest blessing. Listening to their story, seeing their pain, but also their hope for the day they will be with their son again was very touching. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. The spirit was so strong and even though the youth were quieter than usual there's no doubt that they too felt the amazing spirit that was there last night.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with the youth. Sure there are times that I think why me, & I've even left a few activities in tears. I'm glad that I am able to be a part of their youth and all the choices and decisions they are faced with and pray that they will make the choices that will help them grow strong in the gospel.
I'm thankful for the YW leaders that helped me become who I am today and also for the good friends that I had in my youth. I truly believe that friends make a huge difference in the person you become and to all of you I say, "Thanks for helping me to always Choose the right."
(Sorry this is kind of mushy)

Comments

Meemaw said…
I am so proud of the woman you have become. I love hearing your testimony, I feel so many times people go through the motions...go to church, go to the temple etc. But why? Do they go because they want to go or are they worried what people might say, or it is jsut something they have alwasys done, parents would feel bad. There a million reasons. But you have a testimony! How awesome is that! We all need to find that desire to do what we do because WE WANT to. I love my Heavenly Father everyday my faith increases and i see the wonder in his plan. I am so thankful for my family and especially to see the Mom, wife, leader you have become. I Love You! MOM
Jennifer said…
Wow!! I remember hearing about that story on the news, it is so sad. They are an amazing family, I don't know if I would be able to speak about it like that. You are an awesome person and I am lucky to have you as a lifelong friend!
MELINDA! MELINDA! HOLY CRAP, MELINDA!!!!! How the heck are you?? I am pretty much jumping up and down! So happy to hear from you. I will now be able to keep tabs on you! I love your family pics. You guys are so cute. Who would have thought we all would have grown up and had families. The sky is the limit for us Kearns girls. he he.
Julz said…
Hey Melinda! It's me- Julie (used to be Goddard). I hope you don't mind- I got your blog address from Samantha's blog. Anyway- I bet you are so awesome in Young Womens!! They're so lucky to have you!

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.