Earmolds!

Well everyone that knows us knows that Parker has worn hearing aids from the time he was about 3 months old. He's done rather well with them, well let me restate that, from the time he was 3yrs old he has done really well with keeping them on all waking hours. So this last year in preschool Parker went to a combo class which had 5 kids with hearing loss and 8 regular preschool kids. All the girls that had hearing aids all had colorful earmolds. You need to understand that earmolds have to be replaced once the ear grows which when he was younger was quite frequent (about every 2-3 months). Since he's gotten older the earmolds have lasted longer about 5-6 months. So about 6 months ago we went to get new earmolds and Parker noticed that the audiologist had a picture on the wall of all the different colors you could get. Until this point I had always ordered clear less noticeable earmolds, but this time Parker decided that he wanted GREEN earmolds. I was hesitant but since he was begging I gave in.

Since then he has been planning the color of his next set of earmolds. So 2 weeks ago we went to get new ones. I thought that since he is starting Kindergarten next week that we should get something less noticeable. He was not okay with that. He said that he needed BLACK earmolds. I thought that color seemed odd so I asked why? He quickly told me that was the color of earmolds that Batman had and that he wanted to be like Batman.

So we picked them up today and he is so very happy with them. We stopped at the store and a little boy asked him what was in his ear, he just looked at him and said, "It's my black earmolds."

I guess if he's happy with them, then so are we.

He's so cute!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
At least he likes them and is proud of them!! Good for Parker. And he does look so much like Batman!!
Kellie Glade said…
I'm so jealous that he is so comfortable with wearing them and not caring what others think. I don't think I still have gotten over wearing mine and I am 28. For the love!!!
Anonymous said…
He is so cute Melinda! I'm glad that he does what he wants to do and that he doesn't care what others think! We could all learn a little something from him, right? :)
Lisa M said…
He is so cute. I love that he wanted them like Batman.

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Haircut