Say a Prayer for my sister

Well this has been an emotional weekend to say the least. First of all on Friday night Travis and I took the kids down to the viewing of President Hinckley. Our total wait time from start to finish was 5 hours. I kept thinking is it really worth waiting this long but I have to say when we finally walked into the room where his body lay the spirit was so strong. It was neat because while waiting in line for so long you get to know the people you are standing by. The whole time in line everyone was talking and laughing and having a good time. The minute we got the the room he was in, without being told, everyone was quiet, even the children. You could have heard a pin drop. I thought for sure my loud children would say something but they didn't. I believe they too felt how strong the spirit was. It was an amazing experience and I'm glad we did it.

Well onto the sad news, my sister Janae has had pretty severe asthma her whole life. On Sunday morning she woke up at 3:30 and told her husband that she couldn't breathe so he took her to the emergency room. There they gave her strong medicine and several breathing treatments and by 8:00 am she was doing well. They told Mike (her husband) that they wanted to keep her for 24hrs for observation and told him to go home and get some rest. At 10:00am my mom got a call from LDS hospital saying that Janae was admitted to the ICU and wasn't doing very well and that my mom needed to get there quick. My mom got there within 30 min and Janae was getting worse, by 11:00 they had to put her on a ventilator to breathe for her because she couldn't do it herself any longer. They have her sedated and said she will be that way for about 2 days. Late last night to top it all off she kept getting a fever of about 101-102. We're not sure what will happen and it's been very emotional for our family.
Please keep her in your prayers. The more prayers the better.
I'll update when I know more.

Comments

Ali said…
Melinda,

I am so sorry about your sister. We will definitely pray for her and all of your family!
Jennifer said…
I am so sorry to hear about Janae. I hope that they find out what is wrong and what they need to do to help her. If you guys need ANYTHING at all, please let us know! We will be praying for your family. Please keep us updated, I know how scary asthma can be.
Jennifer said…
Even if you need me to watch your kids while you go to the hospital. I know I am out of the way, but I would love to do it.
Unknown said…
Melinda,
I am sorry my heart breaks for you and your family. That is so scary and having all the unknowns doesn't help. We will keep her and your family in our prayers. Thanks for letting us know. Please let us me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Texas Birds said…
Has anyone called her name into the temple yet? If not please let me do it-it's all I can do from here! We'll keep ya'll in our prayers. If you need to talk- I'm here!
Anonymous said…
yHey Melinda, I'm glad to hear your sister is doing better. How scarry for her!

It was fun to see you...even just in passing at Pres. Hinckley's viewing. I felt the same way...4 hours of waiting was well worth 2 minutes in the hall of prophets to see a man of God.

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Haircut