Flu

Well the Flu has come & hit the Mackey household pretty hard.
Parker woke up pretty sick on Friday morning & we took him in to the Dr thinking it could be Strep. Strep test came back negative & we were sent on our way, with some asthma medicine to help his breathing. By Friday night he was pale, freezing & had a fever. Saturday was a lazy day spent at home & by Saturday night he was even worse. We went back in to the Dr's & this time they did a test & we found out that he had influenza A & that he needed rest, liquids & time to feel better.

By Sunday morning Trevor also started getting sick. We had another lazy day at home on Sunday & missed family dinner at my parents house. By Sunday night Trevor, Parker & I were all sick.
Parker woke up Monday & felt a lot better & actually went to school with Hannah. Monday was the worst day for Trevor & he had a fever of 102.7 & it took forever to break his fever.
Tuesday morning Parker still felt better & went to school again, but Hannah had woken up with a croup like cough & stayed home. Tuesday is when I got it the worst. My cough was awful & I went to the Dr to get some cough medicine & he said I probably had the flu also. Hannah also went to the Dr & had to get a steroid shot to help with the croup.
So today is Wednesday & both kids stayed home today & we are all still pretty sick. Hannah & my voice sounds all scratchy. I think Parker is on the mend & probably could have gone to school but it was nice to have 1 more day to rest.
So today was cleaning day, all the sheets, blankets, dishes washed. The windows opened & the house aired out. Hopefully we are all on the mend & we are feeling back to normal soon.
It's so not fun being sick.
Parker & Me
Parker
Hannah
Trevor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.