Random things I want to remember

This post is just random stories that I don't want to forget.

When we were at Disneyland Hannah was full of funny sayings. On the first day we were in line for the Matterhorn, when we got to the front of the line the lady measured to make sure Hannah was tall enough to ride (you have to be 40"& Hannah is about 42"). The worker looked at Hannah & said, "You are 40" you can ride." Then Hannah turned around excitedly & yelled,"Meemaw(that's what they call my mom) I am 40 I'm so excited."

The next day we were over at California Adventure and we were on the Grizzly River Run. We were getting a little wet and Hannah said, "I just can't take this anymore, is it over yet." We all thought it sounded hilarious coming from her.

2 weeks ago we were at Lagoon with Travis's brother, his wife, Travis's sister, & her husband. Travis, Charles, & Andrew all decided that they wanted to go on the Skycoaster. So they paid and were waiting in line. Parker (who is our thrill seeker) was sad that he wasn't going on it. The worker measured him and told him he was tall enough to go on it. So he came over and asked if he could. I told him no, but that if he earned the $15 that it costs to ride it that he could do it another time. He asked what he needed to do and I told him, extra jobs at home, cleaning etc. to which he said, " never mind I don't want to go anymore." Fast forward 4 days later, he is downstairs eating breakfast and spills milk all over the floor. I handed him some paper towels and cleaner to clean up the mess. In the middle of wiping it up he says, "Mom is this earning for that ride?" (Sorry Parker it doesn't work like that, but I got a good laugh out of it.)

So another time at lagoon Parker and I were going on rides. As mentioned before he is a thrill seeker in fact "Wicked" is his favorite ride. So we were on the Colossus and once it was over he said, "Mom, lets make the plan that I decide which ride I like and then we go on it over and over." That is a great plan, however, me and dad can only handle the rides so many times.

We went up to Heber last weekend to go to the Heber Valley Railroad (we had 4 free passes that were about to expire), I had just gotten home from Youth conference, so we were only able to go on the short train ride. So the train in going and gets right at the bottom on a small hill, Parker gets excited and says that he can't wait until it goes up the hill. A minute later the train stops and the Engine switches tracks and the train starts heading back to the station. Parker was not happy about this, he turns to me and says, "Mom I am upset." "Why" I asked? "I wanted that train to go up the hill" he said. "Sorry, I guess it's time for the train to go back." I replied. He looks at me and says, "I am upset and I never want to come on this train again, & if you say we are coming here again I won't come cause it makes me upset." Hey at least he knows how to express himself.

Last night the kids talked up into letting them do a few sparklers in our front yard. Hannah has never done one before, cause she has been too afraid. So I hand her a lit sparkler and she starts waving it around and yells, "Mom, Dad I can't believe I am doing this, I never did this before, I am so excited!"

So that's all I can think of right now.

Comments

Emily said…
Funny Stuff. Kids say the funniest things....Hope all is well

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.