Rollercoaster


This post is just a vent that I need to get out. I'm not doing this for sympathy but for my own sanity. So those that read this blog know that I had Thyroid cancer and had my thyroid removed in October. So I thought that this whole process was over, my scar is healing up nice the radiation is all gone, but little did I know it's not. Since the radiation I have been taking Synthroid (a thyroid hormone that I will be on for the rest of my life.) I thought all I had to do was get on the medicine and everything would go back to normal. Little did I know! I've been on a roller coaster and as I've just been informed it's not over yet and probably won't be for a while. I pretty much feel like CRAP! I am exhausted beyond control, my emotions are all over the place, my body aches, my house has NEVER been this disgustingly dirty & my poor husband and kids.

All I can do is endure & it probably won't be fun but what else can I do?


I do need to tell my wonderful husband how much I love and appreciate him. I'm sure he dreads coming home to our messy house and our simple dinners (mac & cheese, sandwiches, etc), but he never complains. In fact if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had clean clothes over the last 2 months. He is an amazing Dad, Husband and Provider for our family.

Travis I'm sorry for everything and hopefully you'll get your wife back soon. I LOVE YOU!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Oh man Melinda, that sucks! I hope things start getting better soon. I know my Aunt and cousin both had the same problems but I don't know how long it lasted. I know that I am far away, but I can help whenever you need it! Let me know...if you need to vent again I am just a phone call away! :)
Ali said…
Melinda, I am so sorry. I think that the best thing you can do for yourself and for Travis and the kids is to get better. If that means they eat ramen noodles and there is lint on the floor - WHO CARES! I know that all they want is for you to be healthy. The sad thing about women is that we feel like we have to do it all. Isn't battling cancer enough! Let the housework and all the other stuff go.
Texas Birds said…
You may be venting but I love that you're keeping us in the loop. I have been dying to hear how you are! I agree with Jen and Al. I'm here if you need to talk and give your self a break. You are battling for your life- once you've kicked the cancers trash, you can enter a house cleaning contest. Pick your battle and I stand beside you to fight this one. Call me if you need back-up. To Travis- you rock!! Thanks for taking care of Melinda. You are the BEST!
i am SO, SO sorry!
i totally understand the rollercoaster though. i am on that thyroid medicine too, but i promise you WILL feel better.
it sounds like you are doing great though. you are making mac and cheese every night which is HUGE! keep reminding yourself of these small yet powerful things you are still accomplishing.
love you
Jami said…
I'm so sorry Melinda, life seems hard enough without complications such as this! You are such a trooper, I hope you get feeling better really soon!

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.