New to us Car

The past year our car situation has been crazy. Travis takes the bus & or front runner train to work each day so a year ago when his car stopped working we just parked it in the driveway and it's sat there ever since. We have been running as a 1 car family. Which hasn't been that big of a deal, but you have to realize we drive a "KIA" which hasn't been the best car. So the car has many issues and we've put way too much money into it to avoid having a car payment. On October 10th I was leaving for church and my foot slipped off the brake and i didn't realize it until I hurt a not so good sound. The rear passenger door was open & it hit the post on our carport and the door bent the wrong way. We were able to get the door jammed shut, but wasn't easy to remember not to open it. So that mixed with the fact that our mechanic friend told us not to invest anymore in the car, we decided to hunt for a car. Well if you know me, you know I am very CHEAP. I hate spending $$ on stuff and I am always looking for a deal.
I have wanted a bigger car so we started our hunt & ended up purchasing a used Mazda MPV. We love it and it was right in our price range.

Parker and Hannah love this bigger vehicle and think it's great to change seats every time they get in the car.

We are excited to enjoy our new purchase!!


Comments

The Hoveys said…
I saw you driving this the other day and got all excited for you! By the way, good call on letting the Kia go. They really are money pits...
lady said…
Hilarious about the door---made me laugh. Your new car is VERY NICE. Congrats!
Tonya said…
You didn't say that you foot slipped off the brake accidentally. Ha-ha. Seriously, congratulations on your new van. Welcome to the club. And because it is a Mazda I just have to say, zoom, zoom.
Texas Birds said…
YEAH.... we love bigger cars! Congrats for you!

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.