Today is the day...

Today is the big day we've been waiting for for the last 9 months. I am scheduled to be induced today which is the good news the bad part is that I am not scheduled to go to the hospital until 8:00pm. This will surely make for a LONG day.
Last night I was talking to my kids about our plan for this weekend and explaining where they would be going & when they would be able to come up & see the baby & so forth. I wanted to document these cute stories so that I will never forget them.
Parker is too cute! He is my child that is very compassionate & caring. He is very worried about me and kept asking if I would be okay having a baby & told me that he saw on TV that I need to breath so it won't hurt. (not sure what he watched, but it made me laugh) It's different having older kids, He doesn't remember me having Hannah obviously, he was only 2 1/2 yrs old then, but this time he's kind of understanding it. He remembers me in the hospital after my thyroid surgery & doesn't like it. He is worried I will look different. Last night when we were putting him to bed he kept hugging me & saying that he hopes I will be OK & then asked if I needed to take a teddy bear with me to the hospital to help me. I thought it was adorable & let me give me one of his teddy bears to take with me. When Travis went in to say good night I heard him say, "Dad will you make sure mom will be okay?" Travis reassured him. I can't wait for Friday morning when they get to come up to the hospital and see us & the baby!
Hannah is also very worried, but more so about the fact that we still don't have a name picked out for this child. She kept saying, "I hope we get a name for him before he is born." It's funny how they worry about different things. Hannah also gave me one of her teddy bears to take with me.
I don't think any of us realize how much our lives are going to change having this baby. We are excited & can't wait to take on this challenge.
Wish us luck & I'll post an update & pics of our little man as soon as possible.

Comments

Ali said…
Good luck Melinda!
lucas said…
I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
The Hoveys said…
Oh, the joys of having Jed as your doctor. Poor guy is so busy! Anyway, good luck and we'll keep you in our thoughts!
Marleepatts said…
Good luck that is way exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

November

Who really reads my blog???

Expressing my feelings.